On tonight’s episode I traveled to the heart of almond country to learn more about where my favorite snack – almonds – come from. While I was there we also learned that bees are vital to growing healthy almonds. So naturally I decided to combine almonds and honey for the perfect snack – honey roasted almonds with sea salt and rosemary!
Below is the step by step video and a printable recipe card. Enjoy!
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sea salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or spice/herb/seasoning of your choosing)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt the honey and sugar in a sauce pan over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add almonds to honey mixture and toss until honey is absorbed.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread almonds in a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- While almonds roast, combine remaining sugar, sea salt, and rosemary. Immediately toss roasted almonds in mixture and let cool back on baking sheet.
- This recipe is very adaptable and easily doubled or tripled depending on the amount of almonds you would like to make!