This strawberry cake is the fruity cousin to my favorite chocolate turbo cake! It comes together in a single bowl, bakes best in a bunt pan, and is topped with cream cheese icing for the ultimate summer treat. Click here for my favorite cream cheese frosting!
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup Sprite (or any other lemon/lime soda)
- 1/2 box frozen strawberries thawed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 Tbsp. cake flour
- 1 small box strawberry jello
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a bunt pan.
- Combine cake flour, cake mix, and jello. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, oil, Sprite and strawberries. Add in dry ingredients.
- Pour into a prepared bunt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Turn out and let cool.
- Melt and drizzle cream cheese frosting over top.
- *if you can't find frozen strawberries in syrup, just chop up half of a 8oz container, add 1 Tbsp. sugar and let stand for 20-30 minutes.